Success Story: Boll & Branch
Boll & Branch Grows Revenue Over 2,000%
Fintelligent enabled outsourced financial operation
Boll & Branch was founded in 2014 with a simple mission: produce sheets that feel good, inside and out. Their high quality and thoughtful craftsmanship has attracted tens of thousands of satisfied customers leading to eight figure annual sales in two years.
- Within two months of launching its website, a positive news article generated a surge in demand.
- To satisfy demand, the company needed to purchase additional inventory and expedite delivery — quickly.
- As the CEO tried to figure out the cash impact, he realized he needed to be better informed by a team member with financial expertise.
Fintelligent was asked to become the company’s Virtual CFO to oversee all financial matters so the CEO could focus on growth.
- Strategy: Support strategy development and align with operational activities to drive margin growth
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Create roadmap and performance metrics to increase sales, profit and cash flow
- Capitalization: Evaluate financing options and support fundraising efforts
- Financial Reporting: Implement controls to ensure accurate and timely management reports
Fintelligent advised Boll and Branch on all financial matters, providing informed perspective and sophisticated analysis to support decisions around new products, pricing, logistics, operations, marketing and capitalization.
Upgraded Financial System
Fintelligent upgraded financial systems to improve timeliness, management reporting and the
quality of data.
Fintelligent migrated manual, time-consuming processes such as processing accounts payable, to automated cloud applications.
Implemented Corporate Financial Planning System
Working with management, Fintelligent developed a financial roadmap for growth. We developed metrics and tracked them regularly to help the company achieve its growth targets.
“As a key member of our team, Fintelligent bridged the gap from startup to scale. Their insights and systems played a large role in growing our revenue over 2,000% in two years.”Scott Tannen