Virtual Financial Analyst
Chatham, NJ and Remote
Fintelligent is a professional service provider that manages financial operations for growing companies. Our customers are entrepreneurial firms who “rent” their finance and accounting operations from us, so they can focus on growing their business. We provide trained experts, proven technology and standard processes that help our clients grow sales, profits and cash flow. Our firm operates much like our customers do: entrepreneurial, tech savvy with a can-do mentality. We operate virtually, performing nearly all our work remotely.
We seek a part-time Virtual Financial Analyst who will be responsible for providing various financial planning & analysis (FP&A) for customers. You’ll work from home and occasionally in our Chatham, NJ offices. It is our intention that this position eventually become full-time. Some of the things you will do include:
- Preparation and maintenance of a customer’s annual financial plan. This is an integrated model of revenue by product, margin, operating expenses and various other items. The result are financial statements and KPIs that are used in real-time dashboards we prepare for customers.
- Ad hoc financial analysis, such as cost reviews, pricing analysis, customer and product profitability
- Work directly with senior management at our firm and our customers.
Virtual Chief Financial Officer (currently Fintelligent’s President).
Key Success Factors
- Detail oriented. This is a key criteria
- Prior experience working with small, high-growth companies
- Ability to work with multiple customers simultaneously
- Outstanding spreadsheet skills
- Personable, able to easily interact with clients and others
- Expertise using a range of cloud-based software solutions (Intacct, Bill.com, etc.)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, sometimes in unexpected or urgent ways
- Executive presence and unrelenting commitment to customer satisfaction
- Budgeting and forecasting for customers
- Determine client Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and work with our implementation team to enable them on management dashboards
- Ad hoc financial analysis generally related to improving operating margins.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
- 5-7 years work experience at a private company, public accounting, bank, i-bank or consultancy.
- Direct work experience with clients between $2M-$30M annual revenues.
- Tech-savvy. We use Microsoft Office and various cloud applications (Intacct, Bill.com, Expensify).
- Ability to figure out how to prepare simplified financial analyses in complex business environments (such as SaaS or inventory-based companies).
- Existing home office environment, including separate work area, printer and space for two monitors. We will supply a laptop.
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred.
- Personable team player who works effectively and is relentlessly positive.
What We Offer
- Part-time 1099 position with opportunity to join us full-time
- Virtual work environment, including work from home and sunny, pleasant offices in downtown Chatham, NJ
- Fulfilling work helping innovative companies achieve their ambitions
- The most fun and passionate staff of financial and tech people you will ever work with. Really
If Fintelligent sounds like a place you’d like to work, please send your credentials to email@example.com. Feel free to share any stories or work product that you think will elevate your candidacy.